We Are Dedicated To Your Privacy And Safety!
Patient Health Information Privacy Practices
How is patient privacy protected?
As medical professionals providing online medical and clinical services through the new and revolutionary Future Health Management LLC and FUTURE HEALTH LLC GEEVIDA HEALTH, we realize that information about you and your health is personal and protected through federal and state policies including through Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Because of this, we will always maintain the utmost confidentiality of your proprietary health information. We will forever protect that information through industry standard administrative, physical and technical means. We also abide by the applicable federal and state guidelines for telehealth platforms.
How do we use and disclose health information?
We may use your health information for daily medical and business activities that the law divides into the following three categories (with a non-exhaustive examples of such activities):
- Providing Treatment – We maintain a protected record of the health information that you provide. This record may include your test results, diagnoses, medications, allergies, response to treatment and therapies, and any other medical information learned through the online Services. We disclose this information to other professionals only on a “need to know” basis so that they can so that they can meet your needs.
- Securing Payment – We document all of the medical services and products that you receive when treated by us so that you, your insurance company or another third party authorized by you can pay us. We may tell your coverage provider about upcoming treatment or services that require prior approval by your health plan on a need-to-know basis.
- Business Operations – Some health information is used to continuously improve the services we provide, to train staff, for business management, quality control and improvement, and for customer service. For example, we may use your health information to review our treatment and services and to evaluate the performance of our staff in providing you with the exceptional care that you deserve.
As a HIPAA-compliant organization, we guarantee you the following rights:
- To obtain a copy of your records (either electronic or paper copy)
- To have us amend or correct your medical record
- To ask for private communications only
- To have us limit what we use or share
- To obtain a list of who has your secure health or other information
- To obtain a paper or electronic copy of this Privacy Practice Notice
- To choose someone (medical power of attorney or a legal guardian) to act for you
We are allowed or required to share your protected health information in the following ways:
- To comply with federal, state or local laws that require disclosure.
- For public health and safety, we can share your information with public health and/or other authorized agencies to:
- Prevent or control diseases
- Assist in public health activities such as tracking diseases or medical device recalls
- Report births and deaths
- Work with medical examiners and coroners so that they can perform their duties
- Report adverse reactions to medications
- Inform authorities to protect victims of abuse or neglect.
- Comply with federal and state health oversight activities including fraud investigations, audits and other inspections
- Respond to law enforcement officials or to judicial orders, subpoenas or other legal actions.
- Reduce or avert a serious threat to health and safety
- Assist in specialized government functions such as national security, intelligence and protective services.
- Inform military and veteran authorities if you are an armed forces member (active or reserve).
- Inform a correctional institution if you are an inmate.
- Inform workers’ compensation carriers or your employer if you are injured at work
- To facilitate organ and tissue donation or procurement.
- To conduct internal research so that we can continue to ensure the balancing of privacy and research needs.
- To contact you by phone or electronic communications.
- To recommend treatment alternatives or second opinions, health-related products and services
- To communicate within our organization for treatment, payment, and healthcare-related business operations.
- To communicate with other providers, health plans, or their related entities for their treatment or payment activities. However, we will always notify you and obtain your consent before doing so.
- We use an electronic medical record that allows providers and other approved users within and outside of our organization to update and use your information. We share your health information with other providers so that we can coordinate your care.
- The electronic medical record Is a secure system and only users trained to protect your information will have access to it.
All other uses and disclosures, not previously described, may only be done with your written authorization. You may revoke your authorization at any time. In many cases, state laws require that we provide additional protections to keep your information secure.
Except as described in this notice or permitted by law,.We will NOT use or disclose your health information without your written consent and permission. We may also you to provide specific written permissions to use or disclose your health information in the future. We will not use your health information for marketing purposes, for sale of health information or for sharing of psychotherapy notes unless we have permission from you.
What are the Healthcare Professional’s Responsibilities?
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your medical information.
- Provide this Notice of our duties and privacy practices.
- Notify you if there has been a breach of data that compromises your health information.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices and make the new practices effective for all the information we maintain. Revised notices will be posted on the Future Health Management LLC and FUTURE HEALTH LLC GEEVIDA HEALTH website and mobile application.
What if I have concerns, questions or comments regarding this Notice?
If you believe that your privacy has been violated or if you have any other questions or concerns regarding the privacy notice herein above and below, you may contact us or the Secretary of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C. We will not retaliate or penalize you for filing a complaint with the facility or the Secretary. Please contact:
Email: [email protected]
To file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services write to 200 Independence Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20201, call 1-800-537-7697, or file an online complaint at
Who must follow the terms of this Policy?
All of our employees, medical staff, clinical staff, students, volunteers and agents will comply with the terms of this Notice. If you receive care at a location from a care provider who is not a staff member, they must also follow the terms of this policy.
“Personal Information” refers to information about you that is personally identifiable to you such as your contact information (phone number, email address, name, address, etc.), your health information and any other, non-public information.
“De-Identified Information” is information that is neither used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a Site sends to your browser while you are viewing a website.
Children under age 18.
We do not allow individuals under the age 18 to create accounts that will allow access to our site and its contents.
The Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, date of birth, age, email address, address, username, password, and other registration information.
- Health Information that you provide us, which includes information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and test results, diagnostic images, and other health information.
- Health information about you written by the Healthcare Professionals(s) who provide clinical services through the Site such as medical and therapy records, treatment and examination notes, and other health information.
- Billing information which you provide us with, such as credit card and bank account information, or that we receive from your health plan, employer or other provider of healthcare benefits on your behalf.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you use including what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you interact with this website.
- To the extent that you choose to sync your personal data with the site, information from Apple HealthKit, FitBit or other wearable devices. This information will be used by medical staff for clinical care and healthcare management. We do not use or disclose data from your wearable devices for advertising, marketing, or other use-based data mining purposes other than improving your health and wellbeing.
- Other information you provide to us through this website.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
- To provide you with medical services.
- To improve healthcare quality through the review of the performance of this website and quality control reviews.
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Services.
- To create a compiled, aggregate view of the audience and visitor usage patterns, we may use the information gathered through this website.
- To notify you when Site updates are available.
- To market and promote the Site and the Services to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information.
- For the purposes described in Section I relating to the use of Patient Health Information.
- For other purposes for which you provide us with authorization.
We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide for the following reasons: (subject to the restrictions described in Section I):
- To service providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
- When disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others
- To protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of FUTURE HEALTH LLC GEEVIDA HEALTH and Future Health Management LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Information We Collect via this Site
As you use the Site, certain information may be collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third-party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may track the actions you take on the site including the content of searches you perform so that we can improve the experience in the future.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”). When we collect this anonymous information, we hope to understand how our site is being used and how we can provide better service to those using it in the future.
- Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Services easier to use, to optimize the user experience on the website by remembering what they have viewed on the Site. These cookies provide a method of distinguishing among the different visitors to the website. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit.
- We may also use Pixels to make the Site and Services easier to use and to make our advertising better by summarizing usage patterns.
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a Professional who is licensed or authorized to provide Services in the state where you are located.
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
Modification of Information.
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site
Limitations on Deletion of Information.
Steps we take to keep your information secure.
We use industry standard physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information. This includes ensuring that all information is encrypted. While no data transmission over the internet is perfect, we will employ any and all available methods to safeguard your information. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We will notify you of any breaches to your data.
Right to Non-Discrimination